Art in the Park will be taking over Jephson Gardens on the weekend of 5th and 6th August. With over 140 artists, performances and workshops going on, there is a lot to talk about and see at the event.
As someone who has success at events, social media is a great way of telling people you are going to be there and get them to come down.
Before the Event
If I was exhibiting at Art in the Park, this is what I would do:
- Invite people down to the event.
- Tell them what items you will be exhibiting.
- Tell them about any competitions or giveaways you have at the event.
- Do video the day before reminding people to come down.
- Maybe do a mock up version of your stall post a picture of it?
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and include the hashtag #AITP2017 in your tweets.
- Say hello, like and see who else is using the hashtags so during the event you know people there.
- Do not be afraid of telling people too much. If they miss it on Facebook then they might see it on another platform.
That’s all before the event and the more shouting you do the better. I would be talking about it on social media every day from when you read this to Art in the Park.
During the Event
On the day after you set up, this is what I would during the weekend.
- Take a picture of your stall when it’s ready and invite people down to it.
- Tell people where you at the event so they can get to easily.
- Record a video of you talking about your pieces and post it on Facebook and Twitter.
- When I visit your stall taking pictures for Art in the Park, Smile and be engaging in the photos!
- At the end of day 1 tell people again that they should come and see you tomorrow.
- At the start of day 2, post a small video mentioning you are back today and people should visit.
- Talk and retweet other people using the hashtag #AITP2017 in quiet periods. Network among your fellow artists.
- If you make a sale, see if the person buying is willing to have their picture taken with your art (makes a great testimonial).
- Thank everyone who came and tell them which event you will be at next.
- Make a list of exhibitors you meet and get people who go to your stall follow you on social media.
After the event is a key time to use social media to keep in touch with people you met.
I know that it might seem like a lot of work but it won’t be. I will be walking around helping people with their social media so if you need a hand then flag me down.
The best thing to do is make noise and tell people you are there. If you do it, people might come but if you don’t then they certainly won’t.
Art in the Park is a great chance to increase your brand awareness and I hope this blog helped.
See you on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th August!!
Art in the Park Social Media Dude!
(Leamington Hour and Indoor Challenge)