With 2017 coming to an end, I wanted to share with you my top 10 highlights of 2017 (in no particular order).
- Leamington Hour’s Networking Events started to have members for the first time. In 2017, we had great speakers and found our home at the Star and Garter. This is given us the platform to grow this in 2018 and get more inspirational people to this monthly event.
- Working on different events such as Networking Mummies and Leamington Business Awards, Art in the Park and Leamington Food and Drink Festival (to name a few) and manage their social media during the events itself. Also recording different Podcasts at events such as The Woman Who… Awards and different launch events were amazing!.
- Going self-employed and controlling my future! Thank you to everyone who supported me and told me to go for it! This has been the scariest and most exhilarating thing I have ever done and it is a journey that will help everyone in years to come.
- Working for Deliveroo and falling back in love with cycling. Long hours in the saddle (for a low wage) made me see the world, business and people in a different light. These people are machines and need to be respected more. This helped me transition from Full-Time work to Self Employment and was an amazing experience (and I still have the tan lines to prove it!).
- Returning to working on community projects such as The Friends of The Pump Room Gardens. Being part of the board and helping to make a difference is really rewarding. This is only the start of this journey but I am excited to see where this is going to end.
- All of the public speaking I have done from 4Sights, Workshops, Facebook Lives, being an MC at fairs and chairing a panel at a recent digital event. Every time I do these, I feel like I am communicating better and making the experience for the audience greater as well. 2018 will be a big year for this!
- All of the people I have met and spoken to at any networking and other events. You have all helped along this journey. A big shout out to the Beta Testers Group for pushing and supporting me and TEDx Leamington for being one of the best events I have been to ever!
- Everyone who I have interviewed on my Radio Show and Podcast. I have learnt so much from your insights and journeys. This will continue in the future and the new LIVE show will start on Monday 15th January 2018!
- All of the knowledge I have gained over the last year. This has been the best year of my life so far and I feel I have grown so much after absorbing the knowledge in 2017. Every day I am picking something new up so I am excited to see what I will be learning about in 2018.
- All my friends and family. Without you, none of the above would have happened!
In summary, 2017 has been the year for change and 2018 will be the year of enhancing and bringing value to everything I do.
Have a Merry Christmas everyone!